The cybersecurity analyst's main function is to ensure that threats are prevented. For that, it is necessary to run a series of tests and develop applications that protect the company's systems.
Some responsibilities are:
- Plan and implement security parameters;
- Creation of a security policy to prevent unauthorized access;
- Creation of contingency plans, in case of invasion;
- Continuously monitor systems and files, in order to ensure data security;
- Run tests against digital vulnerabilities;
- Organize audits to confirm the applicability of existing security policies;
- Manage the network in order to detect possible intrusions early;
- Recommend and implement risk management systems;
- Organize a safe environment for exchanging with suppliers;
- Train company professionals on proper procedures to prevent cyber attacks.
A DHCP server allots a dynamic IP number. The DHCP server has a group of IP addresses which can serve the purpose.
Tips on cybersecurity books, movies and series
Do you want to continue your cybersecurity studies? We have separated some books and films that address the subject and can help to better contextualize the reality of those who work in this area.
The books below are not exclusively about cyber security: some talk about information security as a whole. Still, they are a good source of study.
- Countdown to zero day : the book tells the story behind the malware called Stuxnet, which surpassed the digital environment and caused physical destruction of equipment;
- Security + Certification: From practice to the SY0-401 exam : the book, which was already a sales record, addresses topics such as Network Security, Compliance and Operational Security, Threats and Vulnerabilities, Application Security, Hosts and Data, Access Control and Identity Management, and Cryptography;
- CSA Cybersecurity Analyst Certification + COMPTIA CS0-001 Exam Preparation : the book, despite being a test preparation, is also a good reference for those who want to deepen their knowledge of cybersecurity;
- Big Boss: How a Hacker took over the billionaire criminal underworld : the book's author, former hacker Kevin Poulsen, is a journalist renowned for his investigations in the cyber world;
- Cyber Crimes - Threats and Investigative Procedures : The book provides a step-by-step guide to investigating electronic crimes. With simple language, it seeks understanding from people who do not have knowledge in the area.