The computer engineer is responsible for designing, developing and supervising the operation of software and hardware. Read on to learn more about the role of this professional, including what he does and how much he earns.
Mixing knowledge from Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Computer Engineering is perhaps one of the most fertile and promising areas of activity today. After all, innovations in the area of technology become increasingly necessary as the world becomes more connected and dependent on electronic systems and devices.
In this scenario, the computer engineer works with a focus on creating development, testing and application of hardware and software , creating computers, mobile devices, applications and even Artificial Intelligence projects.
But after all, where can this professional work? What are your roles and responsibilities? As it is a very broad field of activity, computer engineers can find job opportunities in a wide range of sectors, including the auto, computer, pharmaceutical and telecommunications industries, among others.
Creating a subnet allows you to limit the number of routers that network traffic has to pass through. An engineer will effectively create smaller mini-routes within a larger network to allow traffic to travel the shortest distance possible.
As we already mentioned, they develop, build and test all types of hardware and software , acting from the development of technological structures and components, to the programming and management of systems and networks. In addition, this professional is also responsible for leading teams and supervising development processes.
Thus, some of the main responsibilities of a computer engineer are:
- Development and testing of technological components (hardware), such as processors, peripherals, memory devices and routers.
- Programming and testing software for mobile devices and computers.
- Design, configuration and testing of network projects.
- Development and testing of robotic systems.
- Development of software and hardware based on Artificial Intelligence.
- Creation and implementation of support systems for a variety of products, services and industries.